A round of golf and a 3-winery tasting tour is full day but totally doable in Kamloops. With a little planning and some itinerary intel, you can easily get in 18 holes in the morning and still have time to enjoy a three-winery tasting tour in the afternoon. They say good things come in threes. Alternatively, make it a three day trip with three rounds of golf and 3 winery visits.
Here is what you need to know to plan the perfect wine and golf getaway:
- Plan for approximately 45 minutes at each winery. ½ hour for wine tasting and 15 mins to ½ hour for shopping and just enjoying the properties. Be sure to reserve a tasting time in advance. Or consider booking a guided tour through each of the wineries with TasteFull Excursions.
- If you want to do a winery lunch, plan that around Monte Creek Winery which would then be your first winery stop. Be sure to book a reservation for the Terrace Restaurant in advance.
- Do not plan on going back to the hotel after golf and before hitting the wineries. You will end up back tracking and wasting too much time.
- Plan on golfing at a course that is close to your first winery stop to minimalize drive time.
- Monte Creek Winery and Harper’s Trail are located on the South Thompson and pair well with Rivershore Golf Links, Big Horn Golf & Country Club and Eaglepoint Golf Resort.
- Privato Vineyard and Winery is in the North Thompson Valley and will pair particularly well with the Dunes at Kamloops and Kamloops Golf & Country Club.
- Where you choose to golf, will dictate which winery to visit first and when.
Day Itinerary Option A: South Thompson Golf with Wine Tastings
1:00: Visit Harper’s Trail Winery for a wine tasting
2:30: Visit Monte Creek Winery for a wine tasting
4:30: Visit Privato Vineyard & Winery for a wine tasting (picnic and snack items available for purchase)
Day Itinerary Option B: South Thompson Golf with Winery Lunch & Wine Tastings
1:00: Visit Monte Creek Winery for a wine tasting and lunch at their Terrace Restaurant
3:30: Visit Harper’s Trail Winery for a wine tasting
5:00: Visit Privato Vineyard and Winery for wine tasting and happy hour (picnic and snack items available for purchase)
Daily Itinerary Option C: North Thompson Golf with Wine Tastings
1:00: Visit Privato Vineyard and Winery for a wine tasting (light picnic items available for purchase)
3:00: Visit Harper’s Trail Winery for a wine tasting
4:30: Visit Monte Creek Winery for a wine tasting
Weekend Itinerary Option
5:00pm: Visit Privato Vineyard and Winery for a wine tasting (light picnic items available for purchase)
8:30am: Golf at Eaglepoint Golf Resort
1:30pm: Visit Monte Creek Winery for a wine tasting and lunch at their Terrace Restaurant
4:00pm: Visit Harper’s Trail Winery for a wine tasting
Music in the Vineyard events are offered at Harper’s Trail and Privato Fridays through July and August. These fun evenings of music and wine are a real hit with the locals. You could consider planning your golf and wine day itinerary around one of these fun events and take in sights, sounds and tastes of an outdoor evening with wine and music. Check out the schedule here for dates and times.
For more information visit Kamloopswinetrail.com
By Trish Morelli – Kamloops Wineries Association