Despite the pandemic, we are feeling grateful to have beautiful weather and early season golf. The rules are different and there is no 19th hole celebration, but at least golf enthusiasts can enjoy the game they love.
With extra precautions in place aligning to health guidelines, many of the courses in Kamloops are open for play. What better way to distance, than to have 100+ yards in front of you and big blue skies of fresh air all around. Take a walk around links and embrace the wide-open spaces in Kamloops.
Concerned about golf etiquette aligning with social distancing? Follow these key do’s and don’ts:
- Come to the course if you are coughing, feverish or exhibiting any symptoms of cold or flu.
- Arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time and no lingering after its over.
- Bring cash to pay: only credit and debit cards accepted.
- Touch the flagstick. Courses have filled the holes with things such as pool noodles to eliminate touching the cup or flagstick.
- Expect to rent clubs or use the clubhouse. Many are restricting driving range access as well.
- Maintain physical distance of at least two metres at all times.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer, snacks and water.
- Listen to the instructions of the starter overseeing the first tee.
- Drop off carts in designated area and remember only one person per cart.
- Play preferred lies in sand traps (allows the golfer to pick up and move the ball but not closer to the hole) and smooth sand with your foot before leaving the bunker.
- Switch up your expectations, as amenities that normally create communal touch points such as bunker rakes, and ball washers etc have all been removed.
Each course has varying levels of play for golfers. Some are open for members only, while others are only allowing threesomes or distanced tee-times. We recommend reaching out to each specific course to better understand their current policies and play opportunities.
- Big Horn Golf & Country Club
- Eaglepoint Golf & Country Club
- Kamloops Golf & Country Club
- Rivershore Golf Links
- Sun Peaks Golf Course
- Talking Rock Golf Course
- The Dunes at Kamloops
- Tobiano Golf
This spring if you are looking to stretch your legs, consider dusting off your golf clubs at one of Kamloops’ 8 championship courses for fresh air and spectacular views that are sure to brighten your day!
We encourage everyone to follow health authority recommendations and best practices surrounding physical distancing and safety while on the course. 🏌️