General Terms and Conditions – Bookings for 2021
**Travel within Canada – not applicable to international travelers
Adapting to the new COVID-19 reality
Standard Policy – For Travel in British Columbia Regions
Playing golf during the pandemic was recognized as a safe outdoor activity with safety protocols in place. If you are considering a golf trip during 2021, Golf Kamloops encourages you to research and understand current protocols prior to your visit.
Our featured packages are available to you exactly as they are presented, or you can use them as a guideline. Golf Kamloops will gladly customize a quote for you and your group. If there is something specific you would like to include, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
RESERVATIONS + BOOKINGS
We require a valid credit card to proceed with booking your accommodation and tee times. We will process a minimum deposit of $250 and up to 20% of your total trip value. This becomes a non-refundable deposit by the Group Leader and guests depending on whom made the original deposits. We may be required to collect additional deposits that are for our hotel / condo / golf course and shuttle partners.
Your personal itinerary page will include a record of your deposit, final payment amounts for each player, along with payment due dates. Player payments are generally due 30 to 45 days prior to your arrival date and are based on the size of your group. If you are booking within 30 days of arrival date, your full package price is due in full at time of booking.
Important Note: To enable easy, online payments, PayPal is our official credit card payment provider. Currently, when a refund is processed, PayPal will refund the total amount, which includes its “credit card processing fees”. PayPal has changed their policy and any amounts refunded to our customers will be adjusted to provide for PayPal’s 4% credit card processing fees penalty. To clarify, if a refund is processed, PayPal will retain 4%
Cancelling outside of 30 days:
Your original deposit will be retained and used as a full credit to be used within 24 months of your previously planned arrival date. Be aware of partners ( hotels / condos / shuttle ) that may have collected deposits. You may risk this portion as being “lost” but we will work with you to turn these amounts into future credit as well. This will be on a case by case basis.
A refund is 80% of your package price, (assuming there are no other hotel(s) / golf course(s) cancellation penalties that may apply. The other 20% will be retained by BCgolfguide, to be applied as a travel credit towards a future golf package booked within 24 months of the original travel date. In some cases our partner deposits and cancellations are outside 30 days of arrival – These dates will be outlined in your trip Itinerary notes.
Cancelling within seven (7) days of arrival:
No refunds available, however, we will work with each group on a case-by-case basis. Also, please be aware that when the group numbers reduce, costs that have been averaged equally over the original number of travelers will be adjusted accordingly. We require the group organizer to cover this short fall and arrange to be reimbursed directly from others in the group.
GROUP NOTES + VOUCHERS
If you require assistance while on your trip, please call either toll-free at 877-223-7226 or direct at 250-764-0700. If your call is not answered immediately, please leave a detailed voice message, we will respond to your needs as soon as possible.
If your package exceeds four (4) golfers, consecutive tee-times are booked. Golf vouchers will be issued upon receipt of full payment and sent via email in a final pdf itinerary 10-14 days prior to arrival date.
Please ensure you have printed the vouchers before you leave and note that vouchers for golf start from the bottom of the page (Day 1) and move upward for consecutive days. Hard copies of your vouchers must be presented at each golf course and hotel. Images on personal electronic devices are not acceptable.
Hotel photos and text descriptions on our website(s) and in an itinerary .pdf file are for general descriptive purposes and may not reflect the exact room(s) you have booked. Generally, rooms are standard with one queen or two double beds with upgraded rooms noted on your hotel vouchers.
Every attempt is made to keep your group separate from other golfers. In the event the course is busy your twosome or threesome may have other players join your group. This is ultimately a tee sheet management decision made by the respective golf courses and 100% their call.
Always assume all hotels are 100% non-smoking unless we specifically note in your itinerary otherwise. Smoking in your room will result in cleaning fees of $200 or more per room per incident.
All incidental costs during your trip such as parking, ferries, road tolls, extra room charges (movies, mini-bar etc) and gratuities are not included in your package unless noted on your golf or hotel vouchers.
Cancellation insurance is recommended but not mandatory. Trip cancellation, medical/hospital, baggage and sporting coverage are available for your vacation by your credit card provider or a third-party source. This is your responsibility to have coverage. By not taking insurance, you are fully liable for any and all penalties imposed as stated under our Terms and Conditions Policy.
Specific rules and regulations are in effect at all courses. No jeans, tee shirts, tank tops or inappropriate attire, no metal spikes and appropriate golf attire for ladies. **Do not bring your own alcohol onto the courses.**
Once you have arrived changes to your package are not permitted. All “no-show” reservations for golf and hotel will be subject to zero refunds.
Unused Portion of Packages
Golf Kamloops and our golf and accommodation partners will not be responsible for any unused portion of your package. Refunds will not be issued for unused hotel rooms, tee times or any other services due to flight delays, schedule changes, weather conditions or other circumstance beyond our control. In the event of a course closure due to extreme weather, it is up to each individual golf club to make alternative arrangements such as issuing rain checks direct to the golfer(s) and/or refunds (partial) back to Golf Kamloops.
Inclement Weather and Rain Checks
The golf shop has sole discretion to allow or disallow play, or to limit power cart usage on a given day. If the weather allows for play and other golfers are golfing, the expectation is that your group is expected to play. Please ensure you are prepared for all eventualities.
In the event of extreme weather and courses will not allow players to access the course, partial refunds on your trip will be returned as one payment to the group organizer approximately two weeks after your trip. Rain checks are issued by the courses when unable to complete your round(s).
Deportment & Behaviour
As a client of Golf Kamloops., we firmly expect proper, adult behavior while engaging in the golf courses and accommodations booked within your golf package. Our partner suppliers have the right to dismiss anyone who engages in unruly behavior or conduct unbecoming of a guest or who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or federal laws, statutes or ordinances. If such occurs, no refunds will be issued.
Golf Kamloops and accommodation partners shall not be liable for injury, damage, losses, accident or expense to persons or property due to acts or default of any company or person providing services for a package. Golf Kamloops accepts no responsibility for the actions of the suppliers or golfers listed in this package.
Traveling with Pets
Many of our clients travel with pets and it is typically hotel / condo policy that pets are not left unattended. In the event they are left unattended, and you are called off the course there will be no refunds for unused golf. Please do not expect golf courses to allow your pet at their facility. These are risks pet owners must accept on golf packages.
GENERAL TRAVEL GUIDELINES ISSUED BY THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
British Columbians who wish to travel within BC are advised to plan ahead. The provincial health officer has provided travel guidelines for everyone travelling to and within BC;
- Pre-trip planning and research on available resources at arriving destination.
- Respecting any local travel advisories to isolated and remote communities.
- Practicing safe physical distancing of two metres at all times.
- Spending time in small groups (preferably just family members) and open spaces.
- Practicing good hygiene, including frequent handwashing and cleaning.
- To travelling for anyone who is sick, and if symptoms develop while travelling – self isolate immediately and contact 811 for guidance and testing.
Link to regularly updated information: B.C.’s response to COVID-19 – External Link
Golf Course Protocols
The majority of BC’s public golf courses were open for play through the 2020 golf season. Many are closed for winter, but some year-round golf opportunities are available.
British Columbia golf courses that have chosen to open have to comply with the requirements of the provincial health officer and WorkSafeBC. Golfers are required to adhere to the following expectations;
- Maintaining physical distancing is key upon arrival and departure at British Columbia golf courses, and relatively easy to observe once on the golf course itself.
- To minimize congestion around the Clubhouses, please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your tee time, or 30 minutes if you would like to use the practice facilities.
- Current protocols permit members of the same household or social circle to share power carts, which are sanitized between use. Some golf carts have dividers installed between the driver and passenger set for additional safety and sharing possibilities.
- A number of protocols have been implemented to reduce the number of touch points for players on the golf course, including pre-payment of rounds or use of debit/credit cards, cup inserts so balls can be easily removed without having to touch the flag, the removal of rakes, and regular sanitization of common areas including frequent cleaning of washroom facilities.
- Many golf courses are not yet permitting walk-on players, booking a tee time in advance is strongly recommended.
- Golf clubhouses are operating at 50% capacity, so reservations are recommended, and most golf courses have take-out or grab-and-go food and beverage options available on the course.
- The availability of rental clubs at individual golf courses varies, please plan to bring your own golf clubs or inquire before booking.
Each golf course will have its own policies in place, kindly familiarize yourself with their protocols prior to arrival and we ask for your understanding as we are all in this together and doing our best to ensure the health and safety of our staff, our communities and our golfing guests.
Accommodation: Hotel & Motel Protocols
In accordance with the Provincial Health Authority, the BC Hotel Association has created a set of Tourism and Hospitality Guidelines for Accommodations operating during the pandemic;
- Hotels have implemented reduced occupancy levels to enhance the safety of staff and guests.
- Guests are not required to be from the same household to share a room but need to wear a mask in public places.
- Please note physical distancing measures in place while checking in, taking the elevator, etc.
Restaurants & Dining Protocols
As of October 9, 2020, additional safety measures have been required for BC restaurants. Restaurants are permitted once to offer dine-in service provided that they meet the provincially-mandated criteria for distancing and sanitizing.
- These measures include limited groups to six people or less and ensuring each group seated is at least 6 feet apart.
- Barriers may have been added between booths, tables and services areas. Mandatory mask wearing may apply.
- Liquor sales for on-site consumption end at 10:00 pm.
- Restaurants are operating at a reduced maximum occupancy of 50% of their regular capacity – reservations are strongly recommended as a result of these measures.
- Wine, cidery, and brewery tours are available with reduced capacity and reservations are recommended.
- Select Spa facilities are open or opening soon. Operating hours may vary.
- Museums, gardens and art galleries reopened beginning June 15th.
- Parks, beaches, and trails are open – be aware that some washroom facilities are still closed and familiarize yourself with the current guidelines.
- Whale watching tours are operating at limited capacity, booking in advance is recommended.
- Nightclubs in BC closed until further notice. It is likely that this closure will extend until a COVID-19 vaccine has been developed and a majority of the population has been inoculated.
- Bars are open with restrictions, including the cessation of alcohol sales by 10:00 pm and closing by 11:00 pm. Patrons are required to remain at their assigned booth, table, or counter.
- Individual retails stores also vary and more are opening daily, however essential items are readily available.
Tee Up in Kamloops
Stay & Play
Golf Kamloops offers great value for first-class accommodation and award winning golf